Effective Date: 1st March, 2018
Supermec Pte. Ltd. (UEN: 197701834M) is a company registered in the Republic of Singapore and having its registered address at 17 Tuas Avenue 20, Singapore 638828.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you if you choose to provide it, including without limitation:
- Your name, email, username, phone number, company and address, (“Contact Information”);
- Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”);
- Your job function, annual income, and home ownership status;
- Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system ("OS"), Internet Protocol ("IP") address and device information (collectively, “Analytical Information”);
- Publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification;
- Your mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers.
We may collect your Personal Information or usage data from third parties, including without limitation:
- Your email address and other collected Personal Information about you may be forwarded to Supermec by a third-party website when you request for Supermec to contact you through such third-party website;
- Your Personal Information may be forwarded to Supermec when you choose to participate in a third-party application or feature, such as live chat, one of our social media pages or a similar application or feature on a third-party website;
- Additional Personal Information may be forwarded to Supermec from third parties to combine with the Personal Information we collect through your use of the Services in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to focus content we provide to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you based upon the information we have collected.
- Purchases: We may use your Contact Information and Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make through the Services.
- Customer Service: We may use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services or warranties and to communicate with you about contests, surveys or sweepstakes. To address your questions, we may also request your industry and/or the name and address of the dealer that sold you our product.
- Feedback: We may use your username, email address, products purchased, and other user-generated content you may provide when you rate and review our products.
- Website Registration: We may use your Contact Information when you create an account through any of our Services in order to provide you a more personalized user experience.
- Analytics: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services and to target marketing and advertising to you.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to determine what products may be of interest to you, provide you with marketing communications (unless you have opted out of such communications) and to conduct market research. We may also use information you provide us, including your industry, whether you own our product, experience with our products, and user-generated content, for these marketing purposes.
- Location-Based Services: We may use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to provide you the location of the retailer of our products or other appropriate information.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our Services to you.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. We seek to encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our website using secure socket layer ("SSL") technology.
However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so it is not possible to guarantee absolute security. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by email email@example.com or by calling us at +65 6861 9522.
Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain portions of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Notice to Europe Economic Area Residents
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Upon the beginning of each of your visits to our websites, the website also provides the ability to turn off all non-strictly necessary cookies for the Supermec websites during that visit. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below for your convenience. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the browsers below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective browser if these links are no longer current.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services;
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website).
- Google Analytics
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what Supermec ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We only share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Supermec as described below.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing website or mobile application usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, contests/surveys/sweepstakes administration, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, forums), and calculating, managing and reporting sales tax. Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
- As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction.
We may share aggregated data that has been anonymized (so that you are not identified) with third parties – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites – and may make this data publicly available. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
Our websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, message boards, or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, message board, or community forum by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at +65 6861 9522. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Personal Information from the identified blog, message board, or community forum. If we are unable to remove such Personal Information, we will notify you and provide the reason we are unable to take such action.
Links to Social Networking and other Third-Party Websites
Accessing the Services from Outside the Republic of Singapore
Access to your Personal Information
If you are a resident of the EU, you have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can make such a request by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at +65 6861 9522.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please write to us by mail at Supermec Pte. Ltd., Attn: Website Inquiries, 17 Tuas Avenue 20, Singapore 638828, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6861 9522.